Sunday, March 20, 2011

Midterm and Spring Break


Last Wednesday in class we had our midterm exam.  There was quite a bit of material that was covered in the chapters we were assigned to know.  I was not able to meet with our group for a group study session so I had to go over everything on my own.  I spent several hours reviewing those chapters covered, and then I moved on to the study guide slides we went over in class.  I went through and answered all the slides and this was what I based my studying off of.  I went over the study guide multiple times so I felt I knew it like the back of my hand.  This turned out to be a good approach for me, because after the exam I felt like I did pretty well.  There were only a couple questions that I was not too sure about.  If I did how I feel I did, I will be happy with my grade. 
For spring break I went to Venice, Florida.  We drove the entire 19 hour drive nonstop there and nonstop back.  I noticed several things about small group communication while spending all those hours in a car with three other people.  Some of the things I noticed were the fallacies in some of the conversations we had.  The big one with this was bandwagon.  The three of us said how we were rooting for the Butler basketball team to beat Pittsburgh, so the fourth said she was going to just root for them too.   This was just one of several examples I noticed.

-Andrew De Jong